4 Templates for Wedding Invitation Wording
Wedding invitation wording seems like it should be simple, right? But then you sit down to write out what you want it to say and suddenly it's like OH MY GOODNESS why is this so hard??
Take a few deep breaths, it's alllll going to be just fine :) Let's break down what actually needs to go on these invitations. The order can change, but these are the items you definitely want to include. Here are the 6 things to include in your invite:
1. Who is hosting. If your parents are throwing the party, it's customary to include their names at the beginning of the invite. If you and your fiance are paying for everything yourselves, many couples will omit this part.
2. Your names! You decide if you want first names only, first+last, or first+middle+last.
3. A request line. This is the part to specify that your guest is invited and you want them to come party with you! Something like "Join us for..." or "Request the honor of your presence..."
4. Date and Time. Pretty straightforward here :)
5. Location! Guests gotta know where to go, right?? Some couples choose to omit the address here for a cleaner visual design, but note this only makes sense when the venue is easy to find or very well known. If your venue is hard to google, make sure to include an exact address for your guests.
6. Reception detail. A simple "Reception to follow" is perfect!
Below are 4 templates to copy, paste, and make your own!
Please join us for the wedding of Patricia Ahn & Caleb Wright Sunday, December 5th, 2020 at half past seven in the evening The Icehouse 429 W Jackson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85003 Reception to follow
2. SIMPLE AND SLEEK
Emily Wright and Brandon Fischer
November 12th, 2021 at 5 o'clock Red Agave Resort
Sedona, AZ Dinner and Dancing to follow
3. SOMEWHAT FORMAL
Together with their families Ane Rachel Smith and Skyler James Newman Request the honor of your presence on their wedding day Friday July 19, 2020 At two o'clock in the afternoon
Desert Botanical Gardens
1201 North Galvin Parkway
Phoenix, Arizona 85008
Dinner and Reception to follow
4. PARENTS HOSTING
Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Lewis request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter Heather Lewis to Jamie Richards Son of Mr. and Mrs. Eric Richards Saturday, May 11th, 2021 at one thirty in the afternoon
2600 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85204
Formal Reception to Follow
Figuring out the wording for your wedding invites might seem daunting at first, but truly, don't overthink it! And, when if you're ready to get your invitation process started, send us an email! We'll help bring your dream wedding invitations to life, including the perfect wording for you!